Home > FAQs > Computer Settings
How do I remove or prevent popup blockers and/or add Trident as a safe site?
You or Your IT Administrator may need to add https://*.trident.edu as a safe site.
This change allows pop-ups for Trident sites only; while blocking pop-ups for all other sites.You can turn most pop-up blockers on and off at any time.
Note: This symbol * acts as a wild card to represent all Trident websites.
Note: If the browser you are using is not listed below, please do an Internet search on “how to remove pop-up blockers and/or add Trident as a safe site” for your specific internet browser.
1. Click on Tools
2. Click on Pop-up blocker and select Pop-up Blocker settings (Note: if Pop-up Blocker settings is grayed out and not available you will need to click on Turn on Pop-up Blocker for this option to become available).
3. Once Pop-up Blocker settings are open, under Address of website to allow, type in *.trident.edu and click on Add. Then click on Close. (Note: Suggested Blocking Level should be set to Medium)
1. Click on Tools
2. Click on Options
3. Click on Content
4. Click on Exceptions
5. Enter in *.trident.edu
6. Click on Allow
7. Click on Close
8. Click on OK
1. Click the Chrome menu
2. Select Settings.
3. Click Show advanced settings.
4. Scroll down to the “Privacy” section area, click on the Content settings button.
5. In the “Pop-ups” section, click Manage exceptions.
6. Enter in *.trident.edu into the Hostname pattern field
7. Click on Done
1. Click on the Safari settings/gear icon menu
2. Select Block Pop-Up Windows.
To add Trident as a safe site:
1. Click on Bookmarks
2. Click on Add Bookmarks…
3. Under “Add this page to:” click the arrow for the drop-down menu.
4. Select Top Sites.
5. Click the Add button.
What is a popup blocker and how does it affect my computer?
Pop-ups are windows that appear automatically and without your permission. They often display advertising that can interfere with your ability to see the content on the page you are trying to read.
A pop-up blocker works with your browser (Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome, Safari) to prevent pop-up windows from automatically opening when you visit a website.
Blocking all pop-ups may prevent important features from working.