Home > FAQs > Online Library
Accessing the Online Library
How do I access different databases to conduct library searches?
- To gain access to the Online Library, you must first login to TLC Portal at https://mytlc.trident.edu. Once you have logged-in you will see Library Access.
- Click on Additional Library Resources to connect to various databases.
3. Once you are on the Additional Resources page, you can click on a specific database name to search for reading material (i.e. ProQuest Central, eBrary, Science Direct).
How do I use the search box field in the online library?
- To gain access to the search box field, you must first login to TLC Portal at https://mytlc.trident.edu. Once you have logged-in you will see Search under Library Access.
2. In the search box field, type in a few words from your assignment’s reading material (i.e. environmental safety) then click Search.
3. A new page will open with your Search Results.
Accessing the Online Library through MyTLC Portal from a work /secured location; may require changes to your firewall settings.
Following these steps will allow you to access the libraries from a secure location.
Work with your IT Admin to add https://*.trident.edu as a safe site both to your browser and to your firewall settings.