Home > FAQs > Computer Settings
Add Trident as a Safe Site.
**Note: If you do not see your menu bar you can press the Alt key to show the file menu > Click View > Click Toolbars > Click Menu Bar.
1. Click on Tools
2. Click on Internet Options
3. Click on Security
4. Click on Trusted sites
5. Click on Sites button
6. Type in *.trident.edu
7. Click on Add
8. Click on Close
9. Click on Apply
**Note: If you do not see your menu bar you can click the menu button and choose Customize > Click the Show / Hide Toolbars drop-down menu at the bottom of the screen and choose the items you want to display > Click the green Exit Customize button.
1. Click on Options
2. Click on Security
3. Click on Exceptions
4. Type in *.trident.edu
5. Click Allow
6. Click Close
7. Click OK
**Note: If you do not see your menu bar you can go to your Safari Settings > Click on Show Menu Bar.
For this browser, by adding a site to your Top Sites in your bookmarks, the site becomes a safe site for you because bookmarking is equivalent to adding a safe site for this particular browser.
The following links would need to be added to your bookmarks to become Top (i.e., trusted) Sites:
- https://mytlc.trident.edu (TLC Portal)
- https://www.outlook.com/my.trident.edu (Trident University email)
To add Top Sites to any version of Safari, please complete these steps for each of the appropriate links listed above:
1. Go to the site that you want to bookmark.
2. Click on Bookmarks
3. Select Add Bookmark
4. Under Add this page to: click the arrow for the drop-down menu.
5. Select Top Sites.
6. Click the Add button.
**Note: If you do not see your menu bar you can click the menu button > Click on Bookmarks > Click on Show Bookmarks Bar.
1. On the top right-hand side of the browser click the Customize and Control Google Chrome button.
2. Click on Settings.
3. Click on Show Advanced Settings (At the bottom of the page)
4. Continue to scroll down the page slowly until you see the Privacy area > Click on Content Settings (This will open a new window in front of the Settings page).
5. Under the Cookies area click Manage Exceptions.
6. Cookie and Site Data Exceptions
a. In the Hostname Pattern field type in *.trident.edu
b. Under Behavior make sure it is set to Allow.
7. Click on Done.